[Haskell-cafe] New slogan for haskell.org

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Wed Oct 10 18:48:12 EDT 2007

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Andrew Coppin wrote:

> (I'm less sold on whether you really need to learn a particular dialect
> well enough to *program* in it...)

If you don't then you won't be able to see how complicated things actually
get done. It's also an important exercise in abstracting things and
keeping something understandable when the system you're building is
fighting back against it.

flippa at flippac.org

"My religion says so" explains your beliefs. But it doesn't explain
why I should hold them as well, let alone be restricted by them.