[Haskell-cafe] Hugs, dotnet, C#...

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 17:42:41 EDT 2007

On 10/10/07, Peter Verswyvelen <bf3 at telenet.be> wrote:

A noble goal and I wish you luck. I'd love to see if you get .NET working
with Haskell - I have tried to figure it out from that old build of Hugs and
never had any luck. Tantalizingly, the GHC source has some Dotnet stuff in
it but it doesn't seem to be in use anywhere (
http://darcs.haskell.org/libraries/base/GHC/Dotnet.hs).

Anyways, to answer your questions:

 * ASP.net - I think you want to look at HAps here - http://happs.org/
 * LINQ, etc. - I don't know but there are several database libraries
available on hackage (
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html#cat:Database)
 * webServices - Unknown but I have been using HXT lately (a haskell XML
parser). It was a nightmare to figure out how to use it, but by reading the
thesis about building an RDF parser I was able to make some decent progress.
Maybe hackage has a webservice library?

If you make some progress please share!

Justin