[Haskell-cafe] New slogan for haskell.org

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Fri Oct 5 15:49:02 EDT 2007

For me, a good reason why one should look at Haskell is because you
should NOT look at Haskell since it will change your view on programming
so much, you don't want to go back... ;-)

But where is the great IDE Haskell deserves??? :-) Seriously, 99% of the
programmers I know don't want to look at it because when they see Emacs
or VIM, they say "what the f*ck????, I don't want to go back to the
stone age". If you want to attract more people that are inside the
"imperative-OO-with-nice-IDE-blob", create a great looking and
functional IDE. An IDE that integrates the existing tools. That shows
you graphical pictures of the graph rewriting process, potential space
leaks, profiling bottlenecks, etc. Heck, why not introduce pictures as
symbols and values, as in DrScheme. Or UNICODE fonts. or or ... Okay,
enough of that, off topic ;-)