[Haskell-cafe] Installation of GLFW package

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Tue Oct 2 04:49:31 EDT 2007

Hi Immanuel,

Are you using Windows or Linux or OSX?

Under Windows, I was able to install it (no need to compile, since the
libraries are bundled).

I could also run some examples from the SOE book, however IMO the GLFW
Haskell wrapper seems to contain some bugs (at least on Windows) that
prevented some demos from working. I locally fixed the GLFW.hs file so
that all seems to work.

But you don't seem to get to that step yet... I had the error you
described once when installing another package that had an incomplete
cabal file, but that can't be the case here I guess...

If you just want to try SOE, you can also try GTK2HS
http://haskell.org/gtk2hs <http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/> (note you'll have
to replace each "import SOE" line with "import Graphics.SOE.Gtk)

Cheers,
Peter