[Haskell-cafe] Installation of GLFW package

Immanuel Normann i.normann at iu-bremen.de
Mon Oct 1 18:43:09 EDT 2007

I have just read the thread about "installation of GLUT package" started
at 9/3/2007 by Ronald Guida. Installation of the GLFW package is very
much related to that. However, I haven't found the solution for
installing the GLFW successsfully.

I have downloaded

and followed the compile and installation instructions from the
README.txt file. Actually I haven't noticed any error messages.

Then I tried SimpleGraphics from SOE (downloaded from
with ghci-6.6. Again loading the file did not raise any error.

But when I tried to start

  = runGraphics (
    do w <- openWindow
              "My First Graphics Program" (300,300)
       drawInWindow w (text (100,200) "Hello Graphics World")
       k <- getKey w
       closeWindow w

I got this error message:

"During interactive linking, GHCi couldn't find the following symbol:
This may be due to you not asking GHCi to load extra object files,
archives or DLLs needed by your current session.  Restart GHCi,
the missing library using the -L/path/to/object/dir and -lmissinglibname
flags, or simply by naming the relevant files on the GHCi command line.
Alternatively, this link failure might indicate a bug in GHCi."

Here I am lost. What is the missing library?