[Haskell-cafe] Re: New slogan for haskell.org

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Thu Nov 29 20:04:38 EST 2007

Thomas Davie wrote:
> There's no such check list of "good stuff" with the Haskell slogan,
> instead, we've got a list of buzzwords, as bad as company webpages
> preaching that they offer "synergised solutions", but not actually
> telling anyone what they do.

I couldn't disagree more.

The words used in the 'Haskell slogan' may be technical jargon; however as
such they have a precisely defined meaning and actually characterize the
language fine. This is exactly the opposite of 'buzzwords', which usually
lack a clear and unambiguous definition (but are loved by marketing
people).

Cheers
Ben