[Haskell-cafe] Collections library

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Nov 28 09:39:24 EST 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Robert Dockins wrote:

> FWIW, I find the same phenomenon with Edison.  I get very little feedback
> about it positive or negative; I really have no idea how many people are
> using it.  I guess people are more willing to roll their own data structures
> or use the standard libs.
>
> It might be from a desire to limit dependencies.

For me this is a strong reason, yes. It's not only the immediate
dependency, but the dependent library might rely on other libraries or
compiler features and thus decreases portability.

> If that's the case, perhaps continuing cabal developments will change that.

I hope that this will solve the problem. Since I recently got to know that
Edison contains EnumSet, which I think is useful for many FFIs, I will
certainly use Edison in future.