[Haskell-cafe] very elementary "import" problem .. help

Adam Langley agl at imperialviolet.org
Fri Nov 23 17:34:25 EST 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 1:43 PM, Galchin Vasili <vigalchin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am loading the above script in ghci. However, System.Posix, System.Process
> and STM cannot be found. Network and Directory are found. I assume when ghc
> is installed on Windows that the Windows registry get populated with paths
> to GHC 'library" directory paths. Please someone tell me why I am having
> trouble importing these modules/libraries.

Well, NT used to pretend to have a POSIX layer because of some DOD
regulations I believe. I'm not sure if that still stands and wouldn't
be surprised if System.Posix just doesn't exist for Windows.
System.Process is marked as portable, so I'm not sure why that one
wouldn't be found. Finally, I believe that you want
Control.Concurrent.STM.

AGL

Adam Langley                                      agl at imperialviolet.org
http://www.imperialviolet.org                       650-283-9641