[Haskell-cafe] Searched for mdo on haskell.org. Found nothing.

Tillmann Rendel rendel at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Nov 22 18:14:52 EST 2007

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Coppin wrote:
> In general, I find *most* search functions to be fairly unhelpful.
> Google is the shining exception to this rule; it almost always seems to
> figure out what you're after.
>
> I guess doing text searching is just a fundamentally difficult problem,
> and the guys at Google have spent a hell of a long time on it.

text searching is a well-known problem. ranking search results by
relevance is the key to google's success. read the paper about google to
learn more:

Sergey Brin and Lawrence Page,
"The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine"
in: Proceedings of the 7th International WWW Conference, 1998, Brisbane

http://infolab.stanford.edu/~backrub/google.html
http://infolab.stanford.edu/pub/papers/google.pdf

   Tillmann