[Haskell-cafe] expanded standard lib

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Nov 21 05:43:21 EST 2007

| Well, I've already filed 4 bugs against GHC. One was already fixed by
| GHC 6.8.1 (yays!), one is trivial and will be fixed in 6.8.2, and the
| other two it seems nobody is keen to work on. (In fairness, one of them
| is fairly nontrivial.) I get the impression that I'd probably be
| regarded as a pest if I just spent all day filing endless bug reports...

No, you would emphatically not be regarded as a pest.  We _really like_ well-characterised bug reports, most especially if they come with reproducible test cases.  Please go ahead and submit them.  (Caveat: pls try to check that there isn't an already-open report on the bug. Granted, you can't do a 100% perfect job on this.)

| (On the other hand, even things that I should theoretically be able to
| do I haven't managed to. You might remember a while back I offered to
| try to spruce up the Haddoc documentation for Parsec. It has a great
| user manual, but the Haddoc reference is Spartan. Well anyway, in the
| end I couldn't figure out how to do that, so nothing got done...)

Did you ask Haskell-Cafe?  I bet you'd get help with whatever you are stuck on.

Simon