[Haskell-cafe] Fun with Cabal on Windows! [Stream fusion for Hackage]

Olivier Boudry olivier.boudry at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 10:35:02 EST 2007

On 11/19/07, Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Well, I just tried to install this, and as per usual, Cabal has having
> none of it.
>
> C:\fusion\> runhaskell Setup configure
> Configuring stream-fusion-0.1.1...
> Setup: ld is required but it could not be found.

Hi Andrew,

I had the same problem with ghc-6.8.1 and solved it by adding C:\ghc\ghc-
6.8.1\gcc-lib to my PATH variable in environment variables. A copy of
ld.exeis in this directory.

In ghc-6.6.1, ld.exe was in the same place and it was working out of the box
for me. I don't understand why it is not found any more with ghc-6.8.1.

Cheers,

Olivier.