[Haskell-cafe] expanded standard lib

Radosław Grzanka radoslawg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 04:29:43 EST 2007

Hi,

> * Hardest of all: evolution.  Both GHC's user manual and library docs change every release.  Even material that doesn't change can get moved (e.g. section reorganisation).  We don't want to simply discard all user notes!  But it's hard to know how to keep them attached; after all they may no longer even be relevant.  They almost certainly don't belong in the source-code control system.

Just random idea: Voting for notes (vote for 'inaccurate',
'deprecated' etc.)? Something along the lines of social sites like
digg.com or others? The comments which gets to some threshold could be
simply hidden by default because probably they are inaccurate or
deprecated? And then clean up bot comes once in a while etc. etc.

Ofcourse this would work for online docs only.

Thanks,
  Radek.

--
Codeside: http://codeside.org/