[Haskell-cafe] expanded standard lib

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 19 15:39:54 EST 2007

brad clawsie wrote:
> in any case, batteries included or not, ghc seems to have reached a
> point of stability, high performance, and lots of neat fundamental
> features that it can be left alone for a short time. i would love to
> see 2008 be the year we direct time and effort to solve filling holes
> in the libraries.

I would love to be skilled enough to actually help fix these "holes"
rather than just complaining about them... Sadly, I'm not.

I've got an MD5 library I'm working on, and I've got a thin layer over
Gtk2hs that should make writing programs that render bitmaps easier.
(E.g., ray tracers, fractal generators... all the kinds of things I like
writing!) If I ever manage to mangle those into a working state, I'll
happily hand 'em over. But that's not going to make a huge difference to
the HackageDB as a whole...