[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] AmeroHaskell

Derek Elkins derek.a.elkins at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 20:07:16 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 16:45 -0800, Tim Chevalier wrote:
> On 11/17/07, Derek Elkins <derek.a.elkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> > However, to put things in motion for something concrete at all, we're
> > hoping to put together a meeting taking place in the Portland area as
> > that seems most convenient to the most people who had registered
> > interest in AmeroHaskell and an easy place to find a venue.  In that
> > vein, while no plans have been made, something aimed for the
> > January/February time-frame and probably hosted by Galois, if they are
> > willing, has been discussed.
> >

> In Portland, we've already had the first pdxfunc meeting:
> http://groups.google.com/group/pdxfunc
>
> While billed as a functional programming user group rather than a
> Haskell-specific group, we shouldn't duplicate effort.

Don mentioned that.  However, something specifically Haskell and aimed
at a wider audience than just the Portland area is desirable.  It's also
a different tone than a user group.  Hopefully, there would be a reprise
next year in a different location.  That said, I imagine many of those
going to pdxfunc would be interested in AmeroHaskell and certainly it
could be set up as a pdxfunc meeting++.  At this point building momentum
for AmeroHaskell is what I'd like.