[Haskell-cafe] ghc 6.8.1 bug?

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Nov 16 05:13:42 EST 2007

Alberto, SevenThunders, Joel,

Glark. This is not good. Thank you for being so polite about it.  And thanks for working on a reproducible test case -- without that we are 100% stuck.

We did fix one just-possibly-related bug in 6.8 recently, which concerned the use of {-# UNPACK #-} on strict Double-sized fields in fixed, top-level data structures. I think it was only wrong on a 64-bit machine.
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2007-November/013454.html
What is the word size on your machine?

But that may well be a complete red herring.  We'll stand by.

Simon