[Haskell-cafe] ghc 6.8.1 bug?

SevenThunders mattcbro at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 15 16:08:38 EST 2007

Alberto Ruiz-2 wrote:

> Hmm, I' sorry... all seems to work well for me if I set -O -fvia-C for
> building the library and for final program compilation. But I will also
> try
> to find a minimum test case. In the meantime I have sent to Ian
> information
> to expose the problem with my library, although I know that such large
> amount
> of code will not be very helpful.
>
> Have you tested ghc-6.6.1 with -O -fasm?

Good idea.  I just tried that.  However, it worked just fine even with -fasm
in ghc 6.6.1.

One thought that I had
as well was to be sure to recompile my C code that interfaces to Haskell
using the HsFFI.h header from 6.8.1 instead of 6.6.1 just in case something
might have changed.  Unfortunately in my case it made no difference.