[Haskell-cafe] MD5?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 15:05:37 EST 2007

Hi

> The final alternative is that I just call MD5SUM.EXE from my Haskell
> program and try to parse the output. But that strikes me as rather messy.

Messy, but I don't see any disadvantage to doing it this way - if you
can control that the MD5SUM program is installed alongside your code.

Of course, there is the standard Crypto library for Haskell,
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/Crypto-3.0.3
- either:

1) it goes fast enough
2) it goes too slow and someone should make it go faster

Either way, it should go fast enough as soon as someone needs it to go faster.

Thanks

Neil