[Haskell-cafe] Re: CPP, Leopard and Haskell Objective-C bindings

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 19:00:12 EST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 6:57 PM, Wolfgang Thaller wrote:

> That is not exactly what we want, I think. Currently, HOC parses
> things file-by-file, so we do NOT want to follow #include
> directives. We might just process the line pragmas from CPP to keep
> track of where things came from, OTOH.

You _do_ need to pre-process. Witness the following:

@interface NSWindow : NSResponder
<NSAnimatablePropertyContainer, NSUserInterfaceValidations>
     /*All instance variables are private*/

It breaks the HOC parser.

> I'm still working on cleaning up my InterfaceGenerator rewrite (I
> didn't have enough time to finihs last weekend, so maybe next
> weekend, but at least I'm motivated now).

I'll be waiting anxiously.

> I think any more more elaborate improvements to the interface
> generator should be based on that instead of my old code.

Maybe I can merge my changes when you are ready. What are your
improvements to the interface generator?

	Thanks, Joel