[Haskell-cafe] Problems with HaXml -- ghc cant find the libs

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun May 27 11:05:54 EDT 2007

Björn wrote:
> Hi @all
>
> I am quite new to haskell ... But need to get the HaXml to work...
> Unfortunatly I dont know why ghc doesnt find the lib...
>
> Ghc is installed on my linux and it works it appears to be the ghc 6.6
> I managed to compile the little "hello world" programm ...
>
> But as soon as i try to import HaXml ghc tells me that it could not find
> it...
>
> I followed the installation steps on the haxml homepage and it seemed to
> work just fine....
>
> Thanx in advanced
> Yours Bjoern

1. To "ghc-pkg list" and see if HaXmL shows up in the listing. If yes,
GHC knows it's installed. If no, something is wrong.

2. How are you compiling your program? IIRC, if you don't use the
"--make" switch, you must manually specify that you want specific
packages installed, whereas with --make it happens automatically.