[Haskell-cafe] Monad pronounced like gonad?

Dipankar Ray dipankar at jfet.net
Thu May 10 16:25:35 EDT 2007

I cringe to post to a thread with this subject line, but no American
mathematician I know would call it "Moe-nad".

I think the US math consensus is "Mon - ad", where mon is like the
faux-jamaican "Hey, mon", or (more to the point) monoid or monomorphism.

Sometimes Dictionaries are only as good as (their current crop of
fact-checkers) x (current budget)