[Haskell-cafe] How to decrease ghc link time

Georg Sauthoff g_sauthoff at web.de
Tue May 8 10:15:08 EDT 2007

Hi,

well, I work with a Haskell project which I regulary compile with ghc.

I am a bit unhappy with the link time of the project (i.e. the time ghc
needs to link everyting).

The project consinst of ~60 Haskell and ~25 foreign files.
Some parts of the project are organized like a 'cluster', i.e. the
foreign part has only one function, which is used from Haskell-Code.

What could I do to improve the link time?

Does some concept of 'Packages' exists in Haskell, which helps with the
link time?

If someone does it before, does it help to link against shared
foreign libraries instead of static ones (if this is possible)?

Best regards
Georg