[Haskell-cafe] An interesting toy

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sat May 5 16:17:50 EDT 2007

Ryan Dickie wrote:
> Sounds like a neat program. I'm on a laptop right now but i'll check
> it out later.
> The reason I am mailling is because you can use mencoder to convert a
> stream of image files into a video file.
Indeed, it is pretty neat. I'd post an image, but I'm not sure whether
the other people on this list would appriciate a binary attachment. I'm
hoping to make a DVD of various simulations - but that's kind of
difficult when rendering full-size animations takes many hours! >_<
Hence the request for optimisation help... ;-)

Mencoder works on Linux, IrfanView + VirtualDub does it nicely on
Windoze, I'm sure MacOS has something that can stitch PPM images
together too. Use whatever you have on your platform. :-D