[Haskell-cafe] cost of modules

Ricardo Herrmann rherrmann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:49:16 EDT 2007

http://www.cs.utah.edu/~hal/HAllInOne/index.html

On 3/27/07, Derek Elkins <derek.a.elkins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fawzi Mohamed wrote:
> > I decided to cleanup my program by splitting it in different modules.
> > As I was curious about
> > the cost of splitting it, or dually the efficiency of the intermodule
> > optimization I timed it before and after the split.
> > These are the results (ghc-6.6.20070129 on Linux AMD64):
>
> A long long time ago, Hal Daume III made Haskell All-in-one which takes a
> Haskell program and puts all the modules into one file.  The difference in
> efficiency was discussed on one of these mailinglists then.  Google should
> be
> able to turn up something (albeit it seems to no longer index the
> haskell.org
> mailinglists directly).

Ricardo Guimarães Herrmann
"Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program contains an ad hoc,
informally specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Common
Lisp"
"Any sufficiently complicated Lisp or Ruby program contains an ad hoc,
informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of Haskell"