[Haskell-cafe] cost of modules

Derek Elkins derek.a.elkins at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 18:41:47 EDT 2007

Fawzi Mohamed wrote:
> I decided to cleanup my program by splitting it in different modules.
> As I was curious about
> the cost of splitting it, or dually the efficiency of the intermodule
> optimization I timed it before and after the split.
> These are the results (ghc-6.6.20070129 on Linux AMD64):

A long long time ago, Hal Daume III made Haskell All-in-one which takes a
Haskell program and puts all the modules into one file.  The difference in
efficiency was discussed on one of these mailinglists then.  Google should be
able to turn up something (albeit it seems to no longer index the haskell.org
mailinglists directly).