[Haskell-cafe] ANN: HSH 1.2.0

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sat Mar 3 16:53:03 EST 2007

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 11:58:42PM +0300, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> path-handling functions are not windows aware, at least
>
> i always thought that Haskell (probably, hugs) is a great shell
> scripting tool but it lacks filename/file processing libraries. with
> help of Filepath library by Neil and not-yet-written module for file
> manipulations it would became obvious :)

FilePath is indeed quite nice.  You might also want to look at
System.Path and its submodules in MissingH (API docs at [1]).

I've got some stuff that FilePath doesn't, namely making paths
absolute, wildcard matching/globbing, and also a function that
converts a POSIX wildcard into a regexp.

HSH makes use of both FilePath and MissingH for its ShellEquivs
module, and has some new code in there too.

-- John

[1] http://software.complete.org/missingh/static/doc/