[Haskell-cafe] Proposal: simple interface to libraries Haddock

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 18:18:23 EST 2007

On 02/03/07, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> If this is what you want, this is what Hoogle 4 shall have! It is
> purely a question of a very very light interface around Hoogle -
> absolutely all the code is already there.

And when will Hoogle 4 be more than vapourwear? :) I guess the answer
is 'whenever people stop asking me and start contributing patches' ;)

Seriously, though, this sounds perfect. In fact, in terms of writing
Emacs integration, I think enough information is there to be able to
use the current hoodoc interface (which involves knowing the module
it's defined in, but not the package). In terms of a human interface,
though, I think having to specify the module is too much of a burden,
so I'll wait on Hoogle 4.

Thanks for letting us know about hoodoc.

-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com