[Haskell-cafe] Parallel + exceptions

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 10:21:20 EDT 2007

Hi

Parallel: I think this is pretty well solved with STM. I think STM is
production ready in GHC.

Exceptions: These are less well solved, people are still thinking
about some of the issues. In general, you probably don't want to use
exceptions too much - the Maybe Monad is often a better choice.

Thanks

Neil