[Haskell-cafe] embedded build language?

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 12:04:10 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 02:13:18PM -0700, Greg Fitzgerald wrote:
> Tomek,
>
> >If you want to see the code I will try to release it
> I'm very interested.

It seems I started rewriting this from scratch at home, so I can easily
release it. Here is the darcs repo:
    http://www.uncurry.com/repos/HBuild/
It contains only the build engine stuff, and I think it's just as it
should be. There is no license yet, but I can quickly fix that.

Example of use:

    $ ./Example repeat37.txt
      building a.txt
      building repeat37.txt
    $ ./Example b.txt repeat37.txt
      building b.txt
    $ rm a.txt
    $ ./Example b.txt repeat37.txt
      building a.txt
    rebuilding b.txt
    rebuilding repeat37.txt
    $ touch a.txt
    $ ./Example b.txt repeat37.txt
    rebuilding b.txt
    rebuilding repeat37.txt

You will see it's really simple. I can think about some improvements and
optimisations, but first let's see if anybody likes the general idea.

I will be very grateful for any comments.

Best regards
Tomek