[Haskell-cafe] IDE?

Sebastian Sylvan sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 17:49:35 EDT 2007

On 15/06/07, bf3 at telenet.be <bf3 at telenet.be> wrote:

> I've searched the internet for an Haskell IDE that supports the following:
>
> - syntax highlighting
> - cross module refactoring
> - quick navigation (goto symbol, goto instance, find usages, etc)
> - code completion
> - "debugging" (not imperative debugging, so no breakpoints, but just
> plugging in a visualizer/pretty printer for a function in a separate
> dedicated window, like what http://www.apple.com/shake does on each
> "node")
>
> So a bit what Jetbrains Resharper does for Visual Studio, but for Haskell.
> IntelliJ and Eclipse also do this for Java.
>
> This does not seem to exist? If this is correct, this is a real shame,
> because although I read that the productivity increases a lot when
> correctly
> using Haskell, it would increase even more when such an IDE is available.
>
> Any help to find an IDE that comes closest to these features would be much
> appreciated.

Visual Haskell is an add-in for visual studio that does some of that...
http://www.haskell.org/visualhaskell/

It's certainly not "complete" though, but I do think it's still being
developed on and off (someone correct me if I'm wrong!).
I'd love to see this shape up into something a bit more useable, but I don't
have the time to contribute myself...

--
Sebastian Sylvan
+44(0)7857-300802