[Haskell-cafe] HDBC Laziness (was Re: HDBC or HSQL)

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Tue Jul 31 07:28:13 EDT 2007

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 00:56:30 +0200, John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org>

> I have heard from a number of people that this behavior is not very
> newbie-friendly.  I can see how that is true.  I have an API revision
> coming anyway, so perhaps this is the time to referse the default
> laziness of HDBC calls (there would be a '-version of everything with
> laziness enabled, still).
> Thoughts?

I would like the libraries as stable as possible; it seems to me that, if
you make the functions strict, there should be a new set of functions for
this. This prevents a lot of work on existing applications. I get the
impression that the bit rot rate is very high for Haskell applications.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl