[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Finance.Quote.Yahoo 0.1 on hackage

Hugh Perkins hughperkins at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 16:56:13 EDT 2007

This is totally off-topic, but... how could I go about getting hold of the
information on per-country exports and imports of specific types of things?
(lets say for example, a "thing" could be: coffee ,but also a computer
program, so not just physical commodities, but also services and somewhat
intangible services).

Ideally I'd like to feed in decades of data into a a support vector machine
and see what comes out (probably "out of memory" :-D ).  I've never done
anything like this before, and have no idea what to do, but in the tradition
of "jump in and see what happens" figure it's as good a way to start as any.

(Or, in other news, I like Haskell, it's fun, and I'm looking for something
to use it for, and apparently financial analysis is a big market for it).