[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Finance.Quote.Yahoo 0.1 on hackage

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Sat Jul 14 13:07:01 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 08:20:04AM -0700, brad clawsie wrote:
> i'm not sure i understand - you want to rewrite these functions that
> are already implemented in Data.String? why? this is why hackage exists -
> so you don't have to rewrite these functions.
>
> MissingH is well maintained by an experienced haskell coder and is
> easily installed from hackage, i don't see using it as an issue.

Sorry, I did not want to sound disrespectful towards anyone. I was
just someone who wanted to use your package in a project of mine but
was discouraged by the number and the nature of the needed
dependencies.

Please forget my patch and accept my apologies.

Andrea

BTW: if someone can point me towards a tool that will take care of
installing all needed dependencies, keeping my tool chain updated and
not messing up my file system in the long run (say 2 to 4 years: I'm
using a quite clean slackware gnu/linux distribution installed in 2003
and regularly updated) I'd really appreciate.