[Haskell-cafe] Re: Frustrating experience of a wannabe contributor

Dave Bayer bayer at math.columbia.edu
Mon Jul 23 17:24:40 EDT 2007

Simon Michael <simon <at> joyful.com> writes:

> Hi Andreas - very good problem report, thanks.
>
> I have just cleaned up the archive links at
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Mailing_lists a bit. I added the
> ever-excellent gmane and an overview of all archives.

Ok, this list was crushing my OS X Mail program (not the
coldest beer in the fridge) so I went to a hybrid approach
of reading on gmane, and using NetNewsWire to track the
news feed from gmane.

As a result, I don't have original mail messages to reply
to. I nevertheless want to use my Mail program to
originate posts, in order to cc: interested parties
directly as appears to be the custom, and in hopes that at
least some recipients won't have xs@(x,xt) in Haskell
source code rewritten as xs <at> (x,xt).

When I send a message "Re: thread" it appears to break the
thread, showing up as a singleton in gmane's thread list.

It appears that I am caught between a rock and a hard
place.