[Haskell-cafe] Another analogy

Hugh Perkins hughperkins at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 15:37:47 EDT 2007

On 7/23/07, Jonathan Cast <jcast at ou.edu> wrote:

> > Fine you guys can have Haskell as the hovercraft, not one of those big
> ones
> > mind,
>
> How do you get that Haskell has to be small?  It seems a great big
> language to
> me.

Well, partly to be controversial, partly because.... one of those small
zippy 'glade hovers would be just so much fun!  You're saying you'd rather
play around with a big commercial hovercraft like they use across the
Channel?

Let the commercial boys use F# or O'Caml, we can zip around on the 'glade
hover :-)

Oh, and by the way, the 'glade hover in our case is modular and comes with
100% user serviceable parts!