[Haskell-cafe] GHC 6.6.1: Where is Graphics.SOE ?

Olivier Boudry olivier.boudry at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:56:56 EDT 2007

Hi Dmitri,

I built gtk2hs on Windows with GHC 6.6.1 and gtk2hs-0.9.11. Here's are the
steps that worked for me: (not sure I didn't missed some)

First you need to install a GTK+ development package for windows. I think
mine comes from http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/modules/wfdownloads/

Then you must have MSYS and MinGW installed on your computer. You'll find
information on how to install this here:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/Windows.

Once you've installed that stuff you can start a MSYS shell. You'll need to
set some environment variables for GTK (adapt to your path):
export GTK_BASEPATH=/c/GTK_2.0
export GTK_CONFIG_PATH=/c/GTK_2.0/lib/pkgconfig

Cd to the gtk2hs source directory and type:
./configure --prefix=/c/Progra~1/Haskell
make
make install

Hope this helps.

Good luck,