benchmarks Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: SHA1 again

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at
Mon Jul 16 06:57:24 EDT 2007

Hello Dominic,

Sunday, July 15, 2007, 11:44:10 PM, you wrote:

>> forget it if you're interested in performance near a C implementation
>> such as GNU sha1sum.

> I don't think it's unreasonable to think we could get near to C performance and
> we've been getting closer.

btw, if someone interested in fair comparison of quality of code,
generated by various compilers, then sha1 or something like it will be
good idea. it's clearly algorithm limited by raw processing power
rather than cache speed, libraries or something else

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at