[Haskell-cafe] Maintaining the community

ok ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Sun Jul 15 19:30:33 EDT 2007

Malcolm Wallace said that Usenet is pretty bad these days.
Lutz Donnerhacke disagreed.

Living as near the Antarctic as I do, I find that the Internet works
fine, e-mail is just great, but NNTP is effectively dead.  I stopped
reading net news (with sadness and reluctance) about eight years ago
when I found that I couldn't rely on getting comp.arch any more.  It
was also sad to say goodbye to comp.lang.functional, but that hadn't
been heard from for some time either.

I was very happy to discover Haskell-Café and would be sorry to lose
it, as I would if it went over to NNTP.