[Haskell-cafe] Type system madness

Stefan O'Rear stefanor at cox.net
Fri Jul 13 15:16:53 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 07:52:01PM +0100, Andrew Coppin wrote:
> Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
>>
>> By the way Andrew, have you noticed that you're generating 50% of the
>> traffic on this list? Perhaps we can work a bit more on improving the
>> signal/noise ratio. My inbox can only take so much of this... ;)
>>

> o_O
>
> My God... even the Haskell mailing list is complaining I talk about Haskell
> too much... That's *advanced*!

Don does not speak for the whole community, I for one am fine with
answering all these questions :)

Specifically, Don really wants you to get off of the mailing list and
ask all these questions on IRC; he's been trying to hint this to you for
a while.  My extreme social cluelessness allows me to explain it to your
face.  (not that I agree with him; IRC is not well suited to things
requiring long explanations like "what is a quantifier")

> (Everybody in the main forum I inhabit has now taken to auto-deleting any
> post that mentions the word "Haskell". Except for Mr C++, who seems to seek
> out such threads so he can tell me how superior C++ is to Haskell...)

Try not to care what other people think.

Stefan