[Haskell-cafe] Functional dependencies *not* part of the next Haskell standard?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 11:28:29 EDT 2007

Hello peterv,

> I did not realize one could perform "partial application" on types when
> declaring instances (I mean not specifying the type of Vector2 in <instance
Vector Vector2>>).

this feature, called "constructor classes" was in Haskell since 1.2 or
1.3 version. you can find more info about it here:
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Research_papers/Type_systems#Type_classes

in particular, i suggest you to read "Type classes: exploring the design space"

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com