[Haskell-cafe] haskell -> db, on Solaris

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Wed Jul 11 14:04:51 EDT 2007

Daniil Elovkov wrote:

> Would you please tell me, what would be my choice if I wanted to
> interact with MySql and Oracle from a Haskell program on Solaris?

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Applications_and_libraries/Database_interfaces

If you want to talk to MySQL, you have a few choices.

HDBC has an ODBC interface that lets you use any ODBC provider, so
you'll be able to talk to both MySQL and Oracle with it.

HaskellDB can bridge to HDBC, I believe, so that will let you do
type-safe SQL.

There's also Takusen, which can talk to Oracle, but not MySQL.

	<b