[Haskell-cafe] Data.ByteString.dropWhile

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Jul 10 00:58:12 EDT 2007

drtomc:
> Hi All,
>
> I notice that Data.ByteString has span and spanEnd. Is there a known

and break/breakEnd.

> particular reason why dropWhile and takeWhile don't have corresponding
> *End functions? If not, what is the protocol for adding them?

There's no reason -- we couldn't decide on whether to support
'end/-right' versions of most traversals. To add them you'd implement
them, send the patch to Duncan and I, for inclusion in bytestring 1.0.

Duncan -- did we ever sort out a policy on the left/right normal/-end
versions of things? breakEnd I use all the time, but perhaps we should
fix upon what api we are to provide.

-- Don