[Haskell-cafe] A very nontrivial parser

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 04:33:10 EDT 2007

Hello Andrew,

> Personally, I just try to avoid *all* language extensions - mainly
> because most of them are utterly incomprehensible. (But then, perhaps
> that's just because they all cover extremely rare edge cases?)

> MPTCs and ATs look useful. The rest... hmm. If I ever figure out what
> they do, maybe I can comment.

but afair you don't yet have too much experience even with H98
language? from my POV, H98 as is useful for learning, but not for real
apps. there is wide common subset of GHC and Hugs language extensions
and this set (with exception for FD) will probably become new Haskell'
standard

one problem of Haskell popularity is that language is rather complex
to learn. but one doesn't need to learn it all from the beginning. in
my *application* program i don't used even type classes but when i've
started to write general-purpose libs, aspiration to develop as general
solution as possible quickly leads to using all kinds of Haskell
type hackery

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com