[Haskell-cafe] Parsec - collecting patches - How to contact maintainer Daan Leijen ?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Jul 4 15:53:02 EDT 2007

Paresc is a great piece of software. But there are some things which
do bother me occasionally.

A short list:

Things I'd like to change:

a) custom location tracking. (I've already written a patch, but I
   haven't tested how much speed will suffer? Which would be a nice test?)

b) Add a function returning a monadic result
   (thus   either (fail . show) return  each time .. )
   because I feel like doing this all the time.

c) make some functions more generic
   examples:

     module Text.ParserCombinators.Parsec.Char
     (these functions should work with any token type):
       anyChar -> anyToken
       char -> expectToken
       string -> expectTokens
       satisfy

d) export some simple functions such as nat decimal etc..
   Sometimes all I just want to get an integer without importing
   Tokens and specifying a language..

shapr / sorear suggested asking SPJ to contact Daan Leijen.

Perhaps there are different approaches to address the issues above?

Do you also have some patches / suggestions ?

Marc Weber