[Haskell-cafe] Sparse documentation

Spencer Janssen sjanssen at cse.unl.edu
Tue Jul 3 16:38:15 EDT 2007

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 09:23:02 -1000 (HST)
Tim Newsham <newsham at lava.net> wrote:

> How about STM?  It would be nice if I didn't have to scan the paper
> each time I do something with STM.  Isn't that the point of having an
> API reference?
>
> > -Brent
>
> Tim Newsham
> http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/

What is missing in STM's documentation?  TArray, TChan, TMVar have just
as much documentation as their non-transactional counterparts.  The
documentation for TVar and STM is also available, but perhaps more
difficult to find.  Note that Control.Concurrent.STM.TVar (similarly
Control.Monad.STM) does not have any documentation on the page, but
each identifier is a link to GHC specific modules that give more
documentation.  This is a bug in Haddock: it doesn't know how to
include documentation from another package.

Cheers,
Spencer Janssen

Documentation:
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/stm/Control-Concurrent-STM-TVar.html