[Haskell-cafe] GHC-Cygwin

Daniil Elovkov daniil.elovkov at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 29 17:58:04 EST 2007

Hello Haskellers

My desire is simple. I want GHC-Cygiwn. I spent quite a lot of time
struggling, trying to build ghc-6.6-Cygwin with ghc-6.4.1-mingw32.
After having patched a lot of #ifdefs and the like I finally did it.
Threaded RTS doesn't seem to work, but that's ok.

And all that only to eventually realise that it crashes compiling
non-trivial programs. The message is
   3 [main] ghc-6.6 3648 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Error while dumping state
      (probably corrupted stack)

I will probably fight it again some time, but now while I'm taking a
rest, whould anybody be so kind, who has a working GHC-Cygwin, package
it and put somewhere so that I can just take it.

I suppose that many people will appreciate it.

Thank you.