[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] [Fwd: Re: Computer Language Shootout]

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Thu Jan 25 13:26:42 EST 2007

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Kirsten Chevalier wrote:

> Anything better than staring at intermediate code would be an
> improvement, since time spent staring at intermediate code usually is
> time spent narrowing down the 2 lines out of 1000 that are relevant.
> Maybe it's possible to design tools that could help with that
> narrowing-down process.

I suspect a structure editor would be a good start - from there it's
easier to start looking at visualisations both of the code itself and the
result of queries on it, and if you bolt on hs-plugins to the side I
imagine a library of commonly-used queries would arise over time.

flippa at flippac.org

A problem that's all in your head is still a problem.
Brain damage is but one form of mind damage.