Resending: [Haskell-cafe] MissingH: profiler support?

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at cs.chalmers.se
Fri Jan 12 09:03:54 EST 2007

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Chris Eidhof <chris at eidhof.nl> wrote:

> On 8 Jan, 2007, at 23:13 , Chris Eidhof wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to profile my application, which makes use of MissingH.
>> But when compiling with -prof -auto-all, I get the following error:
>>
>>> Language.hs:8:7:
>>>     Could not find module `Data.String':
>>>      Perhaps you haven't installed the profiling libraries for
>>> package MissingH-0.18.0?
>>>       Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.

Use Cabal to compile and install the profiling libraries. There is a
flag called --enable-profiling, or something like that. If you use GHC
you will get two libraries, one without profiling, and one with, but
that is a technical detail that Cabal takes care of. Just use the
flag, and things should work.

--
/NAD