[Haskell-cafe] trouble installing greencard -- -fno-prune-tydecls flag ( was Re: trivial function application question )

tphyahoo tphyahoo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 05:01:59 EST 2007

Very, very helpful Chris; thanks; and thanks also to the many other helpful
haskellers.

> They have (hopefully working) cabal files to make compiling and installing
> ea\
sy.

Unfortunately, not so easy, for PCRE.regex. But hopefully this is just due
to my ignorance and there's a simple workaround.

At any rate, after darcs --getting as you suggested, I ran make, and got
various complaints. I installed haddock, happy, alex, hat, c2hs, and cpphs
with apt-get.

But was unable to find a deb repository for greencard, the final requirement
with apt-cache search.

I then downloaded the latest version of greencard

wget http://www.haskell.org/greencard/downloads/greencard-latest-src.tar.gz

and ran sudo make install install-pkg

It chugged along for a while, but finally errored out with

ghc -package-name greencard -cpp -fglasgow-exts -fno-prune-tydecls  -prof -c
Foreign/GreenCard.hs -o Foreign/GreenCard.p_o -hisuf p_hi
ghc-6.4.1: unrecognised flags: -fno-prune-tydecls

I then googled, but found nothing for no-prune-tydecls or no-prune-typedecls
(thinking it might be a typo)

Anybody out there can help me get greencard working, so I (and all us
perlers) can start using PCRE from haskell?

thomas.

Chris wrote:
> I think if you paste the subRegex code above underneath an "import
> Text.Posix.PCRE" declaration then you get what you are looking for.
>
> To install:
>
> The regex-* package hosting is via darcs and has been copied/moved to
>
> http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/   (The stable regex-* versions)
> http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/regex-unstable/  (The unstable regex-*
> vers\
ions)

> so "darcs get --partial http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/regex-pcre"
> might b\
> useful.
>
> They have (hopefully working) cabal files to make compiling and installing
> ea\
sy.