[Haskell-cafe] numeric minimization in Haskell

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Feb 28 14:20:39 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 10:58:30AM -0800, Chad Scherrer wrote:
> Does anyone know of any Haskell code for numeric minimization? I was
> thinking conjugate gradient would be good, but at this point I'd be
> happy with anything.

Conjugate gradients shouldn't require more than about five lines of code
(which I don't have time to write at the moment), apart from array code for
the vectors you wish to minimize.

I'd recommend considering GHC.PArr, if you don't need more than just
minimization.  If you include {-# OPTIONS -fparr -fglasgow-exts #-}
at the top of your file, you'll also get a fancy array syntax.  Manuel is
currently working on parallelization of arrays using this API, so this
would be a good API to use, moving forward.
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics