[Haskell-cafe] Did quickchekc get dropped from ghc from 6.4 to 6.6?

Björn Bringert bringert at cs.chalmers.se
Mon Feb 26 11:20:21 EST 2007

Thomas Hartman wrote:
> According to
>
> http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~rjmh/QuickCheck/
>
> Quickcheck is distributed with ghc.
>
> I seem to recall this came with ghc 6.4. After upgrading to ghc 6.6,
> however, I don't seem to have it anymore.
>
> Do I need to install it from cabal? If so, I assume this would start
> by wgetting
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/QuickCheck/QuickCheck-1.0.tar.gz
>

> and building that.
>
> thomas.

Hi Thomas,

between GHC 6.4 and 6.6 many libraries were moved into the ghc-extralibs
source tarball. QuickCheck is among those. If you install GHC from the
source tarball, you may also want to grab extralibs and install that, if
you want an environment resembling the one you get with a normal GHC 6.4
installation.

/Björn